This fact sheet give you an overview of the recommendations given in the National Guidelines for Alcohol Consumption.
The topics covered include:
- How many standard drinks are in a typical drink?
- How can alcohol affect your health?
- How can alcohol affect your diabetes?
- Knowing the risks of excessive consumption.
- Tips to help reduce your alcohol intake.
- Tips for safer alcohol consumption when managing diabetes.
The contents of this fact sheet were last updated December 2017
While reasonable efforts have been made to ensure the accuracy of this material, the information is provided on the basis that persons undertake responsibility for assessing the relevance and accuracy of its content. In particular, readers should seek independent professional medical advice from their general practitioner or specialist in relation to their own individual circumstance or condition before making any decisions based on this information. The material also includes summarised guidelines or recommendations based on information provided by third parties. The Baker Heart and Diabetes Institute disclaims to the extent permitted by law, all liability including negligence for claims of losses, expenses, damages and costs that the reader may incur (or suffer) from acting on or refraining from action as a result of all information in these materials.