Donate monthly and become a Baker Institute Lab Partner
Heart disease is the number one killer of Australians, with one life lost every 12 minutes. Did you know that 70% of people will be diagnosed with heart disease in their lifetime?
Diabetes is the fastest growing chronic health condition, with one new person diagnosed every five minutes. Sadly, diabetes is the leading cause of kidney failure, limb amputation and preventable blindness.
These are the biggest heath challenges facing families today. Our scientists our working hard to:
- Predict the onset of cardiovascular disease and diabetes with a simple yet ground-breaking new blood test.
- Prevent heart attacks and potentially save lives with an innovative new technology that enables early identification of unstable coronary plaques.
- Improve treatments for people living with diabetes by better understanding the complex and challenging nature of diabetes complications.
But they can’t do it alone.
Groundbreaking science doesn’t happen overnight, it takes time. Our scientists have dedicated their careers to predicting, preventing and treating heart disease and diabetes. This means they are at the Institute every day, at all hours, working hard to lay the foundations for those projects, building new knowledge and insights that deepens our understanding of the biggest health challenges today. A committed, monthly gift helps us progress this critical work throughout the year. By becoming a Baker Institute Lab Partner, you will help:
- Fast track vital medical research by allowing us to plan further into the future.
- Help our researchers spend more time in the lab, rather than writing applications for funding.
- Protect and save lives by helping our researchers turn their discoveries into valuable treatments.
You can donate as little or as much as you’re comfortable with. As a guide, most of our donors contribute $40 each month, which helps support over 100 research projects.
Become a Lab Partner today and help us beat Australia’s biggest killers, together.