Due to COVID-19 a majority of these services are being conducted using phone or Zoom technology. Fees apply for these services.
Our credentialled diabetes nurse educators provide individual appointments and group programs for people seeking education and support to manage diabetes.
What can we do for you?
We provide education and support for:
- Understanding diabetes.
- Self blood glucose monitoring.
- Flash blood glucose monitoring.
- Continuous glucose monitoring (CGM).
- Insulin pump therapy.
- Commencing new medications for diabetes (including insulin therapy).
- Registration with the National Diabetes Service Scheme (NDSS).
Who can attend?
Our services are available to everyone and no referral is necessary.
Make an appointment...
A free interpreter is available on request.
How much will it cost me?
- General appointments range from $10–$120
- Gestational diabetes service fees range from $30–$120
- Commencement of insulin fees range from $30–$120
Appointments for insulin pump therapy, continuous glucose monitoring and flash glucose monitoring incur a Private Service Fee which can range from $25–$250.
Team care plans coordinated by a general practitioner (GP) with allocated visits to an allied health practitioner are accepted but a fee may apply.
Department of Veterans' Affairs referrals are accepted and there is no out of pocket fee.
A cancellation fee will be applied for cancellations with less than 24 hours’ notice or for non-attendance at a scheduled appointment.
Free interpreter available.
Rights and responsibilities
What are your rights and responsibilities as a client of the Baker Specialist Clinics and what to expect from our services and staff? More information...