- Full-time, 1-year contract with potential for renewal
- Hybrid work arrangement
- Generous salary packaging options
We are seeking for an experienced Mid-Value Fundraising Lead to join our Community and Corporate Relations (CCR) team. Reporting to the General Manager, Philanthropy this role is part of a high-performing major gifts team — with a focus on mid-value donors (up to $10,000), this role will be responsible for managing a portfolio of donors, building meaningful relationships, and soliciting philanthropic gifts.
In this role you will be expected to:
- Research the existing supporter base to identify donors who have the capacity, commitment, and inclination to increase their support to the Baker Institute.
- Execute the mid-value donor strategy and stewardship plan to develop and grow the mid-value philanthropy program.
- Manage a donor portfolio of a minimum of 150 mid-value donors in various moves management stages and secure donations to meet annual income targets.
- Implement timely donor strategies through a range of touchpoints including personal calls and face-to-face meetings with mid-value donors.
- Accurately capture data in donor CRM to ensure optimum reporting of moves management and measurement against financial targets.
- Represent CCR to internal stakeholders and develop relationships that maximise collaborative opportunities.
Skills and experience
You will have:
- 3 years’ fundraising, marketing, customer service or other related experience.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in marketing, fundraising, or similar or an equivalent combination of relevant experience.
- Proficient experience with Salesforce NPSP — an NFP database highly valuable, but not essential.
- Experience in coordinating fundraising or relationship-based programs, donor/customer cultivation, and stewardship strategies.
- Experience in growing networks and building relationships including high-net-worth individuals and senior management.
- Experience with medical fundraising would be strongly desired (but not essential).
Working at the Baker Institute offers flexibility, professional development, and the opportunity to contribute to a research centre of world renown. Benefits include generous salary packaging, an employee assistance program, as well as modern offices and laboratories adjacent to the Alfred Hospital and walking distance to St Kilda Road, Chapel Street, and Fawkner Park.
Remuneration will be commensurate with the successful candidate’s qualifications and experience.
How to apply
Applications should include a current resume and cover letter, quoting reference AM02. Applications without these documents will not be considered. We are reviewing applications as they are received so if you think you're the right person for this role, we'd love to hear how your capabilities, achievements and experience set you apart.
To be eligible to apply for this position you must hold appropriate Australian work rights and be immunised with the COVID-19 vaccination in accordance with COVID-19 Mandatory Vaccination Directions (No 4). More details of the role can be found in the position description, for further information please contact the person listed below.
We will close this job ad as soon as we have enough applicants so please apply without delay.
General Manager, Philanthropy
M: 0438 014 875
Stay on top of the latest findings with our newsletterSubscribe