The WAG program has been designed specifically for women with a history of gestational diabetes.
WAG includes information on:
- Practical nutritional advice for busy mothers with small children.
- Healthy cooking strategies for family including cooking demonstration, supermarket shopping, making healthy meals and label reading.
- Suitable advice for increasing physical activity after giving birth.
- Strategies for increasing motivation and managing stress.
- Lifestyle tips to help reduce risk of type 2 diabetes and improve health for future pregnancies.
WAG programs are located at local maternal child health services and includes 5 x 60 minute group sessions over 5 weeks facilitated by a health professional.
Mothers are welcome to bring their babies and small children along to the program.
Upcoming program start dates
- Every Tuesday from 11 February to 10 March 2020
Toorak Park Maternal and Child Health Centre
- Every Thursday from 23 April to 21 May 2020
Surrey Hills Maternal Child Health Centre
For any further enquires or to register your interest for the program please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 03 8532 1851.