The WAG program has been designed specifically for women with a history of gestational diabetes.
WAG includes information on:
- Practical nutritional advice for busy mothers with small children.
- Healthy cooking strategies for family including cooking demonstration, supermarket shopping, making healthy meals and label reading.
- Suitable advice for increasing physical activity after giving birth.
- Strategies for increasing motivation and managing stress.
- Lifestyle tips to help reduce risk of type 2 diabetes and improve health for future pregnancies.
WAG programs are located at local maternal child health services and includes 5 x 60 minute group sessions over 5 weeks facilitated by a health professional.
Mothers are welcome to bring their babies and small children along to the program.
Upcoming program start dates
- Wednesday 22 May 2019, 9.30–10.30am
Bentleigh Maternal Child Heath Centre
- Mondays 29 April to 27 May 2019, 9.30–10.30am
North Kew Maternal Child Heath Centre
- Thursdays 2 May to 30 May 2019, 10.30–11.30am
Murrumbeena Maternal Child Health Centre
- Fridays 7 June to 5 July 2019, 10.30–11.30am
Box Hill South Family Centre
More dates for 2019 in other areas coming soon...